CALIMA SURF SCHOOL headquarters are located in Lanzarote, the most northern of the Canary Islands, 100 km off the Moroccan coast, in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean.
According to the "StormRider-Guide 98", this is the "Hawaii of Europe" with its mystical and volcanic landscape and countless surf spots, from "world class reef breaks" to deserted beach breaks for beginners.
Our school and camp is based in Caleta de Famara, a small fishing village special for surfers, surrounded by the "Parque Natural de Famara" (natural reserve), where hotels were never allowed to be built.
Away from mass tourism, surrounded by the marvellous 600 mts high "Risco de Famara", we teach on the 6km long beach break.
The conditions here could not be more ideal to enable beginners to enjoy this fantastic sport!
Ver mapa más grande
DIRECTION TO CALETA
WEATHER and WAVES INFORMATION
WEATHER and SWELL FORECAST
*** Check out the local weather and the swell forecast ***
*** Navy Meteorology and Oceanography Swell Models ***
The NIGHTLIFE in Lanzarote offers you various possibilities. Sure you can have a meal and chill out with a beer after a gruelling surf session in the villages, but why not head into town to party. Here's a quick rundown of what's on offer:
FAMARA: Stay in the village and work your way through the tapas bars, restaurants and surf style beach parties.
Don't miss every Friday live music at "La Bartola" and a night out at LAGOMAR... you will not forget it...
For good snacks, tapas and fast food try HAMBURGUESARIA FAMARA... with it's internationally renown "FAMARA BURGER" ,o))))
PUERTO del CARMEN: A short drive across the island (30 min. approx.) takes you to Lanzarote's answer to Las Vegas which is one long strip of busy bars and clubs mainly frequented by tourists:-)
ARRECIFE: If you fancy sampling the local culture then head to the capital of Lanzarote and party with the locals. Live Spanish music and relaxed atmosphere. If you time it right you may get to experience a Carnaval when the whole island stops to party!
If all else fails just do it on the beach!
- Mountain Biking
- Fishing trips
- Rock´n Roll
- and much more...
Don't forget your longboard skate & guitar
CALIMASURF would like to thank
- All the people who take care of the environment.
- To all our big Family (our clients) for the continuous fidelity to our surf camps.
- To all our associated Tour Operators for keeping on sending us clients
- To La Santa Surf (our 2006 sponsor) for the new lycras for our Lanzarote school
- All the girls on the beach for giving good "atmosphere"
- To the diving centre in Lanzarote for their professionalism and good services to our clients
- To the windsurf school (Cucharas beach) for such a good services.
- To the kite surf school for helping us creating real "Combined sports" packages in Canarias.
- To Catlanza for sailing our clients on their amazing catamarans
- To all the professional guides that take our clients out trekking.
- To Cesar Manrrique for creating such a beautifull and cozy island
- To all the surfers of "La Santa's left" for letting Calima's family surf there...
- To Sefon Surfboards, our Shapper and board fixer.
- To the famous surf shop 3RJ for providing us with the famous australian boards Psylasky.
- To the Bar-Restaurant "La Bartola" for organizing awsome live music every fridays.
- To Haburgesaria Famara for it's famous FAMARA BURGERS
- "Coco", the fisherman for bringing the fresh fish.
- Santa Cruz snowboard team & friends.
- Al equipo de snowboard Santa Cruz y amigos.
- To all our Calimasurf Team for being so professional.
- To all the locals of Famara &.......